Congratulations to Sam for completing his Construction Management Associates of Science degree over the summer and for completing his internship at Designer Built Systems. Sam has been offered a full time position with Designer Built Systems. Sam will be going for his bachelors at UH West Oahu! Way to go Sam!
Job Title: Estimator
Job Category: Construction
Travel Required: Minimal to outer islands.
Position Type: Full Time or Part Time
Level/Salary Range: $30,000 – $45,000 depending on experience for Full Time
Date posted: June 25, 2014
HR Contact: Bob Johnson
Applications Accepted By:
FAX OR E-MAIL: 808-312-6340 OR BJOHNSON@PICHAWAII.US
Subject Line: Estimator Position
MAIL: ATTN: GIGI AUDITOR
Pacific Industrial Coatings
P.O. Box 235987
Honolulu, HI 96823
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Analyzes job plans, visits the job site, interviews the job supervisor and presents a bid based on the data acquired.
2. Determines how much a project would cost, how long the project would take to complete and how much revenue the project should generate. Takes into account factors such as labor costs, material costs, equipment rental, shipping, facility costs and required permits and licensing.
3. Works closely with the project supervisor to make sure the project meets all regulatory guidelines.
4. Reads and interprets plans and completes Site Takeoffs.
5. Works with customers to develop tailored solutions.
6. Acts as the company representative at Project Pre-Bid meetings.
7. Works with Operations Department to formulate project plan.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• College degree in architecture, engineering, construction management or mathematics
• 2 to 5 years of experience working in Estimating capacity
• Experience with Outlook MS Excel and Word
• Well Organized; Excellent Verbal and Written Communications Skills
• Prefer Individual with Construction Experience or Education
*We will train the right individual to be successful in today’s construction industry.
ADDITIONAL NOTES: PIC IS A LOCAL ROOFING, WATERPROOFING AND INSULATION COMPANY. WE CURRENTLY HAVE AN OPENING FOR A JUNIOR ESTIMATOR. WE PROVIDE PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYEES WITH OPPORTUNITIES ABOVE AND BEYOND WHAT’S EXPECTED IN THE ROOFING INDUSTRY. PIC PROVIDES A CHALLENGING CAREER, COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION, RESPONSIBILITY, AND ADVANCEMENT MATCHING YOUR ABILITIES AND DRIVE.
IF YOU ARE TECHNICALLY PROFICIENT, CAN HANDLE DETAIL, POSSESS EXCELLENT TIME MANAGEMENT SKILLS, ARE ADAPTABLE, CAN EFFECTIVELY JUGGLE MULTIPLE PROJECTS, HAVE GREAT COMMUNICATION SKILLS, AND ARE A TEAM PLAYER WHO PREFERS TO WORK IN A FAMILY ATMOSPHERE, YOU HAVE FOUND THE BEST PLACE TO BUILD YOUR CAREER.
August 1st is the deadline to apply to Honolulu Community College for the Fall semester. Make sure that you also register for all your classes and make payment before the deadline or you will be dropped from classes. If you need help please contact myself or Marilynn Ito-Won.
Hayre McElroy and Associates, is looking to hire an entry level laboratory technician.
web site: http://www.hayremcelroy.com ; this is a main land company with local offices on Oahu and Kauai. To preform Asphalt, Concrete and Soil quality control testing, in our Aiea area Laboratory.
There is the possibility for field work experience and possibly ACI (American Concrete Association) certifications. Interested? Contact me.
Learn More About NAHBGreen
NAHBGreen is helping builders, remodelers, developers and home owners/buyers build and understand high-performance construction and development. The suite of services provides a comprehensive set of educational resources, advocacy tools, a credible green standard, and referrals to a national green home certification system by the Home Innovation Research Labs, a qualified and independent third party. Collectively, these offerings help builders, remodelers and developers anywhere build green.
Webinar Wednesdays: Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Residential Construction and Modular Construction.
NAHB offers Webinar Wednesdays to our members for only $24.95. Even if you can’t participate in the live event, you can participate through the on-demand version. Mark your calendars and register to learn more on these topics:
Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Residential Construction
June 18, 2-3 p.m. ET
This program will cover the basics of building information modeling (BIM), with an emphasis on its applicability to and benefits for residential construction.
Presented by NAHB Business Management and Information Technology Committee
Save Time and Money Using Systems-Built Strategies: Modular Construction
June 25, 2-3 p.m. ET
Through statistical data and clear, concise information, this webinar will show how a modular building system will help builders reduce their time spent onsite (costs) while maximizing profits and offering buyers a fully customized, exceptional home.
Presented by NAHB Building Systems Councils
Check out our new Student Chapters promo video here.
We hope this will help you recruit more students this fall. Look for more resources coming soon